Friday, June 13, 2014

Final Thoughts

There were many highlights I experienced from this semester. I think the most memorable of all was the self-portrait. I had many complications with that unit and I got very frustrated with it because of how detail oriented I am with everything. In the end though, I think that it was a positive experience because I learned how to effectively show different values just depending on how hard I pressed on the charcoal pencil. The unit also taught me a little about self-acceptance. Another highlight from this semester I think was the watercolor unit. Before I did this unit, I didn't realize how many different techniques you could do using watercolor. I thought it was really interesting how there were many different aspects and ways a watercolor painting could be created. I think after experiencing drawing and painting this semester, I have learned to not give up when tasks get too difficult which I think in turn made me a better artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment