Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Watercolor Exercises and Techniques

Purpose:
To experiment with a variety of watercolor techniques;
To make connections between experimenting with watercolor techniques learned to creating your own landscape watercolor.
      
 After doing many different techniques experimenting with watercolor, I learned many different ways to create an interesting effect on how watercolor paint can show up on paper. Also, while doing the watercolor book, I was careful not to mix in too much water into my paints, which was my problem with the first watercolor technique collage (top picture) because the paints were just blending together and weren't very clear. I realized in order to get bold, visible colors (which is what I wanted), there has to be an equal balance between paint and water, and not more water than there is paint. With these thoughts in mind, I was able to create the techniques that I wanted without any complications.

No comments:

Post a Comment