Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Lino Prints

Purpose:

  • To become familiar with basic printmaking history, processes, and artists
  • To make connections between the Expressionist Art Movement and artists who worked in that style, including artists from our past and present;
  • To respond visually to artists who work(ed) in the style of the Expressionist Art Movement, by creating a work of art in this style.
  • To print 2 editions of 2 different drawings/designs, demonstrating understanding of the printmaking process.

At the start of the project, with my first drawing, I was having an extremely hard time trying to transfer it onto the linoleum. With each transfer I tried to do, the drawing came out more and more smudged and hard to see. I finally just decided to give up tracing and make the best of what I could see. With my second drawing, it worked out so much better because I just pressed the linoleum onto my drawing and pressed on it and it transferred.
One aspect of this assignment I’m the most proud of are the leaves underneath the fruit in both of my prints. I really like the way they turned out in the final prints because I think that they have a nice shape and texture to them. I was concerned that they would look a bit odd but I think they definitely add to the print and do not distract from the main subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment