Friday, March 28, 2014

Still-life Studies





Purpose:
To use strong compositional skills to depict a fruit or vegetable,
To use knowledge of color and a variety of brush strokes to paint a still-life

As I begin my final still-life painting, I want to remember to give a good, strong shadow to the fruit or vegetable in my painting to make the object look grounded and not floating. I really liked my idea of using contrasting colors and switching them around in my two still-life studies. For the palette knife painting, I made the tomato yellow and the background purple. For the brushstroke painting, I switched the colors to make the tomato purple and the background yellow. For the final still-life painting, I think I will definitely use contrasting colors to make the object in the painting an unusual color and to make it stand out using a paintbrush instead of a palette knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment