Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Realistic Self-Portrait

      
While working on this assignment, I was giving many types of feedback. For example, I was told that the way I had originally drew my eyebrows, it made my portrait look angry. I fixed this by redrawing my eyebrows higher and spaced them out a little bit more. This feedback really helped my drawing look more like me. Another type of feedback I received was to make my values darker and more noticeable. I had a really hard time seeing the different values of my face so it was hard for me to tie them all together to make the portrait look more 3-dimensional. After many different critiques about values in my drawing, I was finally able to do my best to show the different values and the value changes throughout my portrait.

Looking back at my pre-instructional self-portrait, I realized that the head I drew was extremely small and oddly shaped. I feel like I didn’t have enough room to really show my facial features. I notice that my lips are very small and don’t line up with my eyes. Looking at my final, I notice that I tried my best to line up my lips so they match up with the very edge of my pupils. Also, I notice that I did not do any shading to show the shape of my nose or any other facial feature. In my final portrait, I tried to show a lightness and darkness to define my eyes, mouth and especially my nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment